No matter the plan... we all Blog to Lose!
Haven't posted in awhile, well, this week anyway, because I don't know how I'm doing. I know I'm not losing weight. I have been tracking a little bit, and I am using the magic of "First day of a new month!" to try to turn tracking into a daily thing. I went from nothing, to sporadic, to the goal of daily. That's the overview.
Review of Summer Goals
1) Go Grain Free: Still not completely grain-free yet, but I'm watching it. Can't remember the last time I had bread! That's amazing, I used to eat bread with practically every meal. And... until last night, I could say the same thing about crackers. Boo. I was craving Ritz, devoured half a sleeve, and gave the rest of the box to my mom to get them away from me. I have every intention of finishing off that sleeve, though. Just so you know. ;)
1b) Calorie tracking: I tracked 4 of the days between July 27-July 31. That's definite progress, but now I want to track the entire month of August. I honestly think that one goal, even if I don't focus on any others, will result in a loss for August. We'll see!
2) Eat every 3 hours: Um, this goal doesn't seem to work for me. I can't remember to incorporate this rule into my eating. I just eat when I get hungry, but of course, sometimes I let myself get too hungry, then eat too much. That's why this rule is there. Going to give it one more chance on my list.
3) Adding new workout components: I like my BodyPump and HIIT two times per week. I'm finding it easy to stick to. It makes absolutely no difference on the scale. I'm probably eating too much, hence, the need for goal 1b, calorie tracking.
4) Run 4 times per week: I've decided four is too many. I am getting three outdoor, steady-state runs per week. I will need to start lengthening the runs- I have a half-marathon scheduled for October 7! I ran in this race called the Urban Cow last year, as a 5k participant. This year I'm doing the big one! This will be my third half-marathon in a 12 month period- My first was on October 30, 2011.
5) Walk 3 miles 1 hr 6x/week: Walking has disappeared with the 100-plus Sacramento weather. I want my walks back, but I probably won't do it until the weather gets cooler. I mean, it's typically 90 degrees at 9pm. And my mornings are when I do my other workout components.
6) Lose 10 lbs by 10/01: No loss in July. I could still lose 10, but I will have to ramp up my focus. In fact, my run club just started an 8 week weight loss challenge, which I declined to join because I don't want to enter a weight loss "competition". However, maybe I will rethink it because I now have just about 8 weeks to lose this 10 lbs. Wow- how'd THAT happen! Paula, I'm gonna try but this is looking tough!
It's still summer, so I will still be working on every one of these goals. I hope to have a stronger progress report one month from now!