I'm sitting here reflecting on this week and well .... let's just say there are some good, some not so good and some ugly. Regardless, I'm thinking that I'm still in a good place. Not giving up the ghost by any means and certainly not giving up. Just realizing that I need to focus a little better.
Starting with the good!
- I walked away from warm, fresh, Krispy Cream Donuts today!!! If you've ever had one or live near a Krispy Cream bakery with a "Hot Now" light flashing - you know that this is an accomplishment in and of itself. Resist the Devil and he shall flee, right?
- Small accomplishment at the DoJo this week. A side kick above the belt!!!! Not bad for the short little round woman whose pushing 50 -- that's right I'm on the closer side to 50 than I'd ever like to admit. Finally after a whole year I threw a decent side kick! The next goal is to reach the solar plexus and eventually head level - like in position #4 in the diagram.
Not so good ....
- I only hit the treadmill 1 day this week. I've had a lot going on at work this week and I've enjoyed my sleeps that 5:15 am hasn't been too appealing.
- Upside - I made it to the DoJo all three days of classes this week. I swear if it weren't for the DoJo - I'd be a thousand pounds.
- I've stuck to my menu plan ... but then I haven't. There were two days that I packed my lunch, but had to be out at schools where it is difficult to carry in my lunch bag. So I had to eat school lunch. I don't know about other districts around the country, but ours really tries to do a good job. We serve a lot of fresh fruits and vegetables daily. The only problem that I have with eating school lunch, is that the calories are designed to meet the needs of children. I don't think many adults at school realize that. Those who eat with us expect an "adult" portion instead of what is a healthy portion. Anyway, I really have to make conscience choices and remind the servers that I only want the child's size scoop. And resist the cookies and/or rice crispy treats and just the best sweeeet tea ever! There's a bright side in here.
- I've been a little too snicky snacky this week. Not a lot, but enough that I'm conscience of it. Insert HAND SLAP here.
Now for the UGLY ....
- I had my "cheat" meal today. I've decided to allow myself one meal a week to eat what I want in what should be moderation and proportion. However, I skipped the moderation and proportion part today and I feel sick. The weather is kinda crappy. School was let out 4.5 hours early ... what a wasted day. Anyway, I came home early too. We decided to go out for an early dinner (around 3) and the family decided on Mexican. I got the chipolte shrimp .... yum - Not so bad right? But the refried beans, rice and chips with queso sauce not so good. I really should have gotten a to go box when my plate arrived and portioned out before I even started. So I pretty much feel like crap right now. I am not use to eating like that anymore ... ahhhh the Silver Linning! I need to remember that.