I need to start this post with an apology. I literally fell off the planet and I'm sorry. I'm not making any excuses for myself, I've simply spread myself too thin.
Anyway, I'm back and I'm going to continue with some of the plans we made earlier this year to make the community more supportive. So a few things..
- I'm hearing the spam issue is on the rise again. I'm on and will be banning members left and right. Spam is not tolerated here. This should be a safe place for us to find support. If you get spam or see it shoot me a message here in the comments, on my wall or in email -->Roni@skinnyminnymedia.com and I'll take care of it asap. All I need is the user name of the spammer.
- Chats. I miss them. I'm scheduling 1 a week to start and I encourage you to initiate and start chats of your own. It's a great feature we have available to us, why not use it! Check out the Events page for more details.
- Message boards. Before I "fell off the planet" I was trying to enlist moderators for the message boards. I like our current set up but unless we have someone initiating conversations and being more involved they will never be active. I know some of you volunteered in the past but I'm going to start the process all over again. Too much time has passed. Leave a comment if you are interested in adopting a board and we'll talk specifics in a few days.
- I'm trying to figure out how to connect BlogToLose to Roni's Weigh. That may sound ludicrous but hear me out... I've been having requests to have a "community" on Roni's Weigh so people can chat about their own weight loss and such. At first I thought, great idea! Then I realized, umm wait.. that's what BlogToLose is. So I'll be trying ti integrate them somewhat but since they are on 2 different platform it's quite difficult. I just need to wrap my head around it is all.
- Thank you for understanding. That is, if you do. I'm learning as I go and trying to focus my attention on things I'm passionate about. This is one of them.