No matter the plan... we all Blog to Lose!
My initial start weight was 195 this August 2012. It seemed unreal when I stepped on that scale. I nearly had a heart attack! After my marriage in 2010 I had gained over 50 pounds. I knew I couldn't stay on that path-- I was gaining over 25 pounds a year! I decided to take control of my life (again) and join Weight Watchers Online. So far I am currently down to 186.
Unfortunately, the blogging feature for WW is hit or miss. Sometimes my blog will post, othertimes it won't post at all! That is how I ended up here. I am very grateful for this website, and I know that blogging will expedite my success!
My ultimate goal is to fit into all my clothes. I was a size 8, now I am a size 14. Uggh. It's so depressing to think about, but I MUST think about it if I am going to remember why this is so important!
1. I have 4 totes of clothes that don't fit me, so when I lose the weight I can literally go "shopping" through my old wardrobe.
2. My wedding ring no longer fits me, and I am unable to get it re-sized.
3. My self-confidence is non-existent and I feel uncomfortable ALL the time.
4. My husband and I want to start a family soon, and I want my body to be healthy for the pregnancy.
5. Every disease in the book runs in my family, from heart disease to high blood pressure to cancer.
6. The most recent photos of myself don't even look like ME! 7. I have a nephew and two nieces (and another on the way), and I want to set the best example for them and my own (future) kids.
8. My body fat is almost 38%, while my muscle mass is non-existent. I can't lift ANYTHING and that's depressing!
9. My sugar addiction is depriving my body of any and all nutrition and vitamins.
(ie. I am eating ice cream instead of fruit.)
10. I KNOW I CAN DO THIS.
Anyhow... my husband is on board too, and has bribed me to stick to my goals. If I meet my set goals, at the end of every month, he will shave his beard completely OFF! This is a huge deal because he hasn't been clean-shaven since our wedding day. (He feels like he looks 12 years old without his scraggly beard- Haha)
My goal for this Halloween is 179 pounds. Definitely attainable. I just have to keep it up! By January 1st, 2013 I want to be around 150 pounds. The only reason why I may not reach that goal is due to a (hopeful) increase in muscle mass. (And muscle weighs more than fat)
I feel good about this blog! Now it's time for some Wii Fit Yoga and then TurboFire! :-)