No matter the plan... we all Blog to Lose!
After reading some blogs last night, I got the idea to put myself on a fitness challenge. It just so happens that today marks exactly 50 days until my birthday. For the next 50 days I have a checklist of fitness things I want to do. Most are things I already do and others are things I wanted to try out after reading about them in a magazine article. I downloaded a checklist app that allows my list to say on the home screen of my phone and resets every day at midnight.
1. Workout for 45 minutes, 5 days a Week (I was doing an hour six days a week)
2. Go to at least two group fitness classes (I figured adding something new that didn't feel like a workout would be a good idea.
3. Don't drink calories.
4. Walk at least 8,000 steps a day.
5. Track calories using My Fitness Pal.
6. Eat at least one serving of vegetables a day. (I NEVER eat vegetables, I figured I need to start somewhere and then increase over time. Hopefully, I'll find some that I like to eat).
7. No carbs after lunch. (This was tip Bob Harper had in the magazine.)
8. No eating after 7:30 (I remember this tip from an Oprah book I read a long time ago).