No matter the plan... we all Blog to Lose!
I decided I need a way of tracking my emotions, which seem to be the sole reason that my eating/working out habits change daily. Lately I've been SO unmotivated, and although this is mostly due to a sprained ankle 3 weeks into my half marathon training, I don't think this should be an excuse to eat poorly as well. I'm just extremely frustrated for a variety of reasons:
1. Just as I was starting to get my motivation back with the help of a new running program, I'm told by the doctor that I may never be able to go on long distance runs.
2. I don't want to eat any of the healthy options in the cafeteria here. I feel like I have exhausted all the healthy options and now just want to turn to the greasy, calorie packed mac and cheese because it is the only thing that seems remotely appetizing.
3. I constantly want to eat when I feel stressed. And I know as I am putting food into my mouth that it will not help and that I don't actually want to be eating it, but I can't seem to figure out why I can't stop. At this point I have realized that it is emotional eating, but for some reason that is not enough to stop me.
I think to battle these I need to write a few achievable goals somewhere that I can be held accountable for them. This week I'm making my goals to:
1. Head to the grocery store to get some actual healthy snacks that will be a good alternative to the same old apples and celery sticks(the seemingly only healthy options Penn State has)
2. Keep an ACCURATE record of what I'm eating. No cheating period.
3. Find some form of exercise that is possible and enjoyable while my ankle is still sprained.
I think I'm starting to understand why people say blogging is therapeutic..