No matter the plan... we all Blog to Lose!
I didn't do a review of last week, so I will do 2-in-1 here- last week of June, and this current first week of July. In many ways, I'm writing this mainly for my purpose of accountability, so I hope it is not too boring a post!
1) Go Grain Free: I'm watching the grains, setting them aside, turning sandwiches into salads by discarding the bread. But I'm still not completely grain-free yet. And, when I eat out, which is alot lately, it's like I'm on diet-pause. Oops.
1b) Calorie tracking: I tracked twice this week! Not at all last week. One was a high calorie day (aka, ate out) and the other was within my calorie budget. I need to do this every day though. I'm experimenting with other counters, an app called Calorie Counter. It's clunky, so I think I'll stick with myfitnesspal which has always been simple to use. Simple = will get done. Complex and interesting = won't track on a regular basis.
2) Eat every 3 hours: "Ha! Haven't been paying attention." Direct quote from my last review. Nothing's changed.
3) Adding new workout components: Exercise went well last week. Although I decided to reduce my goal of 3x/week for HIIT and strength to just twice, I actually ended up doing it 3 times. For the current week, I plan to do my second HIIT/strength today, which will complete that goal. All in all, I met this goal, ironically, doing the new workout components but abandoning the old!
4) Run 4 times per week: I got three regular runs in last week. But this current week went awry. Somehow, it's Friday, and I never went on a regular run. Not worried about it though, this week was flukish and I'll be back to the whole program next week.
5) Walk 3 miles 1 hr 6x/week: Last week, I walked exactly once. This week, not.at.all. It was kinda the holiday and also the need to drop my mom at the airport in time for her SIX-THIRTY AM flight the day after the holiday (why so early, mom, why???), that got me off track.
6) Lose 10 lbs by 10/01: No loss for two weeks. Pretty sure I'm eating too much, keeping pace with my burned calories instead of creating a calorie deficit. I'd know for sure if I would be more consistent about goal 1b! (I think my fear of knowing the truth about my eating is contributing to my "absent-mindedness" around tracking!) Also, being away for the whole weekend meant I never got around to grocery stocking. I thought I'd make up for it on my day off Wednesday, but instead I opted to have fun all day. Whoops!
So, this has not been an award-winning two weeks in weight loss, but definitely not a total loss either.
Blogging at these times is important, for now and for the future: First, for taking a moment to reflect where things went off-track helps me focus on putting them back on track much more quickly, as well as noting where I'm gaining strength so I can reinforce it, remind myself "keep doing THAT, it's working!".
And, later after I reach my goal and I read these posts or talk to someone who's early in their journey, I can recall that this process is not linear, but that doesn't mean you don't ultimately make progress. At least I HOPE that's the direction I'm headed in!